Academic Training & Research Labs
The ACBS community has provided detailed information on their research labs in the child pages at the very bottom of this page -- some of which are not located within academic training programs per se. Each of these labs conduct research relevant to, or informed by, functional contextualism, RFT and/or ACT. Labs in medical schools or hospital settings (for example) may be opportunities for you to gain experience as a research assistant (often after finishing your bachelor's degree), post-doctoral fellow, or other colleague.
The labs and academic programs listed below have been coded (Focus of program/lab; Degree (if any); Country). More details on the coding system are below:
Focus of Program/Lab
- MF = Mindfulness/acceptance-based work (e.g., third wave behavioral but not necessarily ACT per se)
- ACT processes (experimental but not clinical training)
- Applied RFT (e.g., behavioral intervention work)
- Behavioral = behavioral or clinical behavior analysis perspective
- FC = Functional Contextual (applying psychology from a contextualistic perspective)
Level of Training/Degree offered (if any)
- MA = Master of Arts
- MSc = Masters with a research focus (Europe)
- MS = Master of Science (US)
- MFT = Master of Arts with a Marriage and Family Therapy specialty (US)
- PhD/DPhil = Doctor of Philosophy (research and/or clinical training depending on program and country)
- PsyD = Doctor of Psychology (clinical training, some research - US)
- Non-Degree is stated as such (e.g., work opportunity). Post-Doctoral is stated as such.
- Masters level:
Country in which the program/lab is located
ACBS Members: If you would like to add your research lab to this list, click on the "add child page" link at the bottom of this page.