Functional Analytic Psychotherapy (FAP) SIG
Click here to join.
Chair - Stavroula Sanida
Vice Chair (shared) -Tien Kuei & Chad Wetterneck
Secretary/Treasurer - Holly Yates
Member at large (shared) - Amanda Muñoz & Michel Reyes
Student Representative (shared) - Adam Kuczynski & Sonia Singh
To contribute to the alleviation of human suffering through providing a forum in which practitioners and researchers interested in Functional Analytic Psychotherapy (FAP) can share in their research, teaching, learning and practice of FAP.
1. Build and connect a community of FAP-interested therapists, researchers, and trainers within ACBS. Encourage the community to work together in a way that embodies awareness, courage, love and behaviourism. (i.e., being collaborative and supportive, whilst aiming to bring out the best in each other).
2. Increase awareness of FAP within ACBS. Assist in highlighting FAP research and work to provide opportunities for FAP training and consultation.
3. Provide opportunities to explore the overlap and integration of FAP with other therapies and theories, with a particular emphasis on ACT/RFT.
Description of SIG membership
Any member of ACBS who has an interest in FAP is welcome to join.
1. Hold an annual meeting at the ACBS World Conference.
2. Create an e-newsletter, with updates on FAP research, upcoming events and training, and possible inclusion of an article
3. Submit FAP SIG news items to the ACBS newsletter.
4. Run a Listserv.
5. Create a FAP SIG/FAP page on the ACBS website; increase the web presence of FAP on the ACBS site generally, including links to training opportunities.
6. Stimulate interest in FAP research.
7. Continue to encourage a strong FAP presence at the ACBS World Conference; assist in organising submissions for workshops, panel discussions etc.
Find out more about Functional Analytic Psychotherapy
Take a look at the FAP based Center for the Science of Social Connection
To stay connected to SIG activities join the FAP SIG email Listserv
Read our first SIG Newsletter