ACBS World Conference 12
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
Conference: June 18th (evening)- June 22nd (mid-day), 2014
Pre-conference workshops: June 17th & 18th, 2014
(poster deadline March 21, 2014).
Not available yet! As the Call for Submissions is not yet done, and submissions have not yet been reviewed. If you want a feel for the conference you can see the program for 2012 (when we were in D.C.)
What is the World Conference?
The World Conference brings together clinicians and researchers to present cutting-edge research in ACT, RFT, and Contextual Behavioral Science, as well as experienced trainers to lead experiential workshops so that you can learn how to better serve your clients.
The World Conference is for psychologists, social workers, professional counselors, marriage and family therapists, psychiatrists, physicians, drug counselors, health researchers, language researchers, behavior analysts, students and more.... Anyone in a similarly related helping or research field is invited to attend.
We offer CEs in Psychology, California BBS credits for LCSWs & MFT, NBCC*, NASW* (these are USA based credits; * pending approval).
Registration in the full conference is all-inclusive and includes lunch, coffee/tea breaks, open access to workshops, research symposia, posters, panel discussions, plenary sessions with CBS researchers and practitioners, and our new IGNITE sessions and Research and Program Develpment Forums.
First class intensive (2-day & 1-day) workshops held the 2 days prior to the World Conference get things started off right. Learn ACT, RFT, CBS, FAP, Compassion Focused Therapy, and more from leaders in their field.... Tony Biglan, Darin Cairns, Joseph Ciarrochi, Lisa Coyne, Russ Harris, Jonathan Kanter, Bob Kohlenberg, Carmen Luciano, Matt McKay, Nanni Presti, Ian Stewart, Kirk Strosahl, Niklas Törneke, Mavis Tsai, Mike Twohig, Matthieu Villatte, Kevin Vowles, Robyn Walser, and Kelly Wilson to name just a few.
- Invited Speakers: Sonja Batten, Frank Bond, Kelly Brownell, Jan De Houwer, Harold Green, Gregory Madden, Susan Schneider, Zindel Segal ... learn more about them here
- A great venue for networking & fostering local and international collaboration
- Lunches and coffee/tea are included so that you have more time to network
- Conference activities take place just downstairs from your hotel room - Book your room now!
- Bring the family! - We're in beautiful downtown Minneapolis, with its clean streets and unparalleled arts & culture scene, and amazing green spaces.
- Evening events provide additional opportunities to network and relax after other conference activities are done for the day
- Workshops, Workshops, Workshops. Half-day workshops are included (no extra charge), with your conference registration. These 30+ workshops are one-of-a-kind learning opportunities.