ACBS Annual World Conference VIII
June 21-24, 2010 (Pre-conference workshops June 19 & 20, 2010) Two days of intensive, experiential, 2-day workshops by leaders in the ACT & RFT communities will immediately precede the World Conference VIII.
(Join us July 2011 in Parma, Italy!)
|What is the World Conference?|
The World Conference brings together clinicians and researchers to present cutting-edge research in ACT, RFT, and Contextual Behavioral Science, as well as experienced trainers to lead experiential workshops so that you can learn how to better serve your clients.
The World Conference is for psychologists, social workers, professional counselors, marriage and family therapists, psychiatrists, medical doctors, drug counselors, health researchers, language researchers, behavior analysts, students and more.... Anyone in a similarly related helping field is invited to attend.
We offer FREE CEs in Psychology, Social Work* & MFT* and there are no additional fees for any of the 50+ workshops offered during the main conference.
Registration in the full conference is all-inclusive and includes lunch, open access to workshops, research symposia, posters, plenary sessions with CBS researchers and practitioners, and panel discussions.
- A great venue for networking & fostering local and international collaboration
- Conference activities all take place in a beautiful, spacious new venue on the University of Nevada Reno Campus
- Evening events provide additional opportunities to network and relax after official conference activities are done for the day (all within walking distance from hotel)
- No additional charges (for CEs or workshops) with registration
INVITED SPEAKERS We have some very exciting invited speakers this year who will be adding that something special to the conference. Some of the invited speakers, in addition to the many ACT and RFT experts in attendance, include:
- Daniel Wegner speaking on the latest research on thought suppression and the implications this has for ACT, RFT, and ACBS.
- James Gross talking about basic processes of emotion regulation and how this relates to ACT/RFT/CBS.
- G. Terrence Wilson will give an overview of where CBT is as a field and where he thinks CBT and ACT need to go from here.
- Robert Gallop, a prominent statistician who makes things like Hierarchical Linear Modeling understandable, will be doing a half day workshop on HLM and multi-level modeling of data.
- Bob Kohlenberg and Mavis Tsai will do a pre-conference workshop on Functional Analytic Psychotherapy.
- Special discounted hotel rates (as low as $59/night!)
- Affordable airlines service Reno-Tahoe International Airport, rated as one of the easiest airports from which to travel
- Free Parking at conference hotel, transportation provided to conference venue
- One-hour drive to Tahoe, less than 4-hours from San Francisco
View/download the final World Conference 8 Program (PDF file, 2.86MB)
Read the links below for further details!